On September 14, 2017 11:17:25 AM Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:.

Another option here (beyond the shortcut to show completions option)
might be to have an option to display the current list of potential
completions in the pane at the bottom rather than in a drop-down list
that means there would never be anything distracting in the context of
where you are currently typing, but the information the suggestions
provide is always present for reference when needed.

That would be the best of both worlds for me. We wouldn't need a trigger at all and there would be no visual distraction. Make it so! :)