> On 19 Oct 2017, at 1:34 am, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> That is a function of how Google Spreadsheet and BBEdit treat tabs, not the
> Livecode Clipboard.
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Oct 18, 2017, at 01:27 , Paul Foraker via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Tabs coming from LiveCode are converted to spaces when pasted to a Google
>> spreadsheet, but are not converted when pasting from BBEdit.

I have a theory for you.

I suspect that because when you copy text in LC then not only the plain text
representation is put on the clipboard but also a html one, an rtf one and so
on. Some apps might preferentially read the html one for example and in google
sheets &#9; might be replaced with space to fit the html chunk to a single
cell. So moral of the story is to either control what representations are
placed on the clipboard by setting the appropriate array keys or tell users to
use the Edit > Paste special > Paste values only menu.

Cheers

Monte