Bump.

I think the team has forgotten about the PR for the Android toast. Anyone want to try their hand at making it in LCB?

On 8/21/17 12:25 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
On 2017-08-21 17:41, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
Monte's external works great on newer Android devices but seems to
crash on older ones. That's why I had to replace it with a hacked up
fake in my Android object library. There's a pull request in git for a
native toast that is waiting for review and as soon as it's available
I will switch to it. It's been waiting for a while, I hope it gets
attention soon. Answer dialogs aren't appropriate for any OS any more.

Oops - that one slipped off our radar a bit (actually there's another PR from HedgeHao which has been languishing for a while fixing a bug in the browser widget... Sorry @HedgeHao). I'll see if I can get them sorted out tomorrow.

I wonder whether the 'toast' one might make a nice example of using LCB though - there are only three calls needed to do it. So I might convert it to LCB as an exercise - it makes it easier for others to adapt; and is a lot lower overhead than having it in C++/Java in the engine. HedgeHao has already done the hard part of figuring out the APIs to use, and how to use them :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jac...@hyperactivesw.com
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

On August 21, 2017 6:28:54 AM Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode