BR,

> On 7 Dec 2017, at 5:00 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>
>    The connection ID is only used/needed when you use the asynchronous
> commands of tsNet.   The synchronous commands like tsNetUploadSync or
> tsNetFileUploadSync or others (they are ending with Sync) do not use
> connectionIDs. And i assume that put URL and get URL are using the
> synchronous commands.
>    Matthias
> -------
> OK then…. if we do this:
>
> 1) tsNetSetTimeouts 60, 3000, 3000 , , 3, 12000
>
> 2) get url….

At this point, if the speed drops below 12kbps, then the get URL command will
return with the result set to indicate failure.

> 3) how do we trap the SocketTimeOut  whose syntax requires a socketID
>
> from dictionary:
>
> Syntax:
>
> socketTimeout pSocketID
>
> ?

tsNet does not use standard LiveCode sockets, so socketTimeout does not affect
connections using it.

Regards,

Charles

  • Apps or via browser using HTML... Pyyhtiä Christer via use-livecode
    • Re: Apps or via browser u... Mike Kerner via use-livecode
      • libUrl tsNet and sock... Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
        • Re: libUrl tsNet ... Charles Warwick via use-livecode
          • Re: libUrl ts... Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
            • Re: libU... Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
              • Re: ... Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
                • ... Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
                • ... Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
                • ... Charles Warwick via use-livecode
              • Re: ... Charles Warwick via use-livecode