@ Andy (cc support)

Yes, I used tinyPng I have paid for their 50 image at a time option, awesome
tool, I think we will get a site license of photoshop plug in…

The home card(s) (navigation "portals) on the app are one big parent scrolling
parent group with some subgroups. max 8 "rows) with the mobile scroller set to
scroll the group.

Of course a lot of libs have been put into memory with "start using" so besides
the ~650K of images on the card there's another X number of lines of code.

But my gut says: something has to be wrong in the engine…

these crashes are coming from a Samsung Galaxy A7 , 2017 running 7.0

Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat)
Chipset         Exynos 7880 Octa
CPU     Octa-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU     Mali-T830MP3
Memory  Card slot       microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal        32 GB, 3 GB RAM
Camera  Primary         16 MP (f/1.9, 27mm), autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features        Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
Video   1080p@30fps, check quality
Secondary       16 MP, f/1.9, 1080p

The beta tester in Kerala who has the above phone is sending me detailed
reports on crash scenarios, and thanks to your tip, videos also.

Each stack we put into memory, after removing/closing the previous one, has
very different requirements. We swap in and out a background graphic for almost
all stacks, but these are less than 120K each for the whole card backgrounds…

One issue seems to be with the browser widget and low internet bandwidth…
causing crashes…on iOS we just see a white screen "like forever…."

Of course we can do a better job (I tried by failed on first attempt) to use TS
Net to monitor and help with that area… connectivity… but still  I just find it
hard to believe that the stacks + images + code  we are deploying are
overloading the hardware on a device with this much horsepower.

I'll need to do a deep dive into Aravind's reports and see if we can pin point
more specifically what is happening. I just replicated a crash on iOS where the
link to open a card with the browser widget caused a crash on iOS also… but
can't reproduce it now…but I do smell a "little mouse" down around webKit
somewhere…

but I can "hammer" like a teenager(amazing to watch how fast these kids tap and
swipe on their devices) on my Pixel and the app never dies… So, another route
is: take Aravind's recommendation and set the hardware requirements to 8.1
"Requires Oreo" and let the rest of the Android world wait/catch up… Not ideal,
but with Google pushing so hard now on security and deadlines for new apps to
run on the latest Android… it won't be long…

BR

On 12/26/17, 11:57 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of AndyP via use-livecode"
<use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com on behalf of
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Do you compress your png images?

    If not give this a try.