Thanks Jacque. I'm sure I could do some kind of workaround like that, but I
actually use the app while in dev mode, which is the main way I debug it, and
need the login stack to open modally in that environment to get what I need to
function. Maybe what I will do is check for a modifier key like the optionKey
down to open modally in dev env.

Bob S