It is this sort of thing which inspired me to start using long id's for
everything whenever I make calls to cards or stacks not the one I am currently
on. That is why I created getParentCard() and getParentStack(). I then pass the
local long id of the callign object to whatever script I am callign in another
place.

I have posted these in the past, let me know if you need them. All I do is pass
the long ID of the object that is calling these functions, and all they do is
parse the long id string by eliminating everything before the first occurrance
of the word "card" or "stack" respectively.

Bob S