Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> richard wrote
>
>     You may find the styledText array helpful.
>
> =====
>
> Wow that looks missing, though the dictionary could help with
> examples…I gonna need an expresso and to some time  to figure out
> how that works!
>
> set the styledText of field to styledArray
>
> Maybe if someone had some example of what to put into
>
> styledArray
>
> I got lost when started talking about "the other" arrays:
>
> Are these arrays inside the styledArray text?

They are. A great explanation of those (and all the new stuff added in The Great Field Enhancement Work of Version 5.5) are here, starting on p12 (discussion specific to the styledText property is on p15):

https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/5_5_1/LiveCodeNotes-5_5_1.pdf

A couple years ago I had a discussion with Peter Brett about how that info critical to making good use of the new field properties could be moved into the User Guide. I had the impression that was underway at the time, but I just checked the User Guide for v9 and the string "styledText" doesn't appear to be there.

Too bad; hopefully added soon. The styledText array gives us all the full-fidelity info we love with htmlText, but in the super-efficient form of an associative array.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems