Andy, these specifics were very helpful:

> Must agree that 9 series is slower on Windows 10 than previous
> versions.
>
> Win 10 pro 64 bit
>
> Observations
>
> 1. Instances of Livecode do not always shut down correctly and have
> to be closed via the Task Manager.Failure to notice this can cause
> IDE hangs, crashes and corrupted scripts when saving.
>
> 2. Having the message box open slows the IDE and closing the message
> box does not revert Livecode to its previous speed.
>
> 3. Having the  Project Browser open slows the IDE and closing the
> Project Browser  does not revert Livecode to its previous speed.
>
> 4. The Project Browser does not keep in sync with all changes made to
> stacks. For example when grouping components the Project  Browser will
> not always show the new group but still display the components as
> separate entities. Closing and restarting the Project Browser will
> show the groping change.

I would like to add these to a report in the bug DB on general Win performance, but a quick browse through the DB didn't lead me to an obvious candidate.

I thought I recalled someone on the team making reference to this as a known issue, so I figured there would be a report.

Does anyone know of such an existing report?  If not, I'll make one.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems