On 05/16/2018 09:22 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

On 17 May 2018, at 1:44 pm, Mark Wieder via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Looking through some of the IDE's library stacks, I see handlers for the
messages extensionInitialize and extensionFinalize. From the code in the
handlers it seems that these are now standard ways to set up and tear down
extension libraries, but I don't see the messages documented anywhere.
Can I assume that the engine now issues these messages when extension libraries
are loaded and unloaded?

No, they are called from the initialisation library.

And that they should be a required part of extension library scripts?

Previously we had handlers `revLoadLibrary` and `revUnloadLibrary` but when Ali
did the work for script libraries to be able to be packaged in a way similar to
LCB extensions he renamed these to `extensionInitialize` and
`extensionFinalize`.

Thanks. As soon as I sent that message I found them in the release notes and in feature-script_extensions.md.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com