If you are using a known salt, then I would say it makes sense to strip it. It
would make it easier to decrypt if included, but still not easy to break a
cipher that isn’t already cracked.

Since only 8 bytes of the salt are unique/used, it may be better to generate
your own key instead of using the built in password and salt, but I’m not a
security expert.

If you are just using a password, then a random salt is added. That means that
each encrypted message (even if the message and password is the same) will be
unique.