Hi all,

I am a little bit puzzled. a stack I started waaaaay back in engine 4.x always
had a custom property set with multiple UTF8 encoded strings. Those were
transferred just fine from Mc to PC and the UTF8 strings remained intact.
Somewhere down the road something seems to have changed. When I now bring the
stack from Mac to PC (engine V. 9, stable) all Umlauts are turned into Question
Marks after decoding. Image data also stored in cProps translates just fine
though.

I worked around this by base64Encoding the UTF8 stuff now, but somehow I think
this should not be necessary, I mean, I chose UTF8 for a reason over ISO Latin,
right?

So I wonder: what is data stored in cProps and what should it be? Is it binary
(I think it should be)? Should the engine try to be helpful here and change the
character encoding depending on the platform (I think it should not)

A) Does this happen to anyone else?
B) If this was to be reproducible also with plain vanilla stacks, what would be
your expectations on behaviour?

Cheers,

Malte