When working with web servers, encryption is in fact ALWAYS required, because
if someone can get at your web server they can plant drive by malware. Anything
exposed to the internet requires modern encryption, and it can be argued that
anything exposed to ANY network requires it.

The alternative would have been to form an international squad of specialized
assasins to hunt down every known hacker and purveyor of malware, and leave
their tortured maimed bodies on the steps of the capital buildings of wherever
they are from, so everyone gets the message. Unfortunately, the legal
ramifications would have been too much to overcome. <sigh>

Bob S