> On 6 Aug 2018, at 7:07 am, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> filter X by keeping the lines not matching pattern "regex"

My point was this statement can be written as both:

filter X by keeping the lines not matching pattern “regex"

and

filter X by discarding the lines matching pattern "regex"

So it would perhaps be a good idea to only allow `matching` rather than `not
matching`

> Anyway - extending the current form with 'where' (rather than 'with
> expression') is more than adequate at the moment.

Hehe.. the `with expression` thing was me trying to come up with something that
worked with `with | without | matching | not matching`… `where` is much better
I agree.

Cheers

Monte