On 8/20/18 2:29 AM, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
Oh, and my apps probably weren't terribly HIG compliant either. I used custom
buttons and controls that looked and functioned identically on Android and iOS
versions of the same app.

Ditto. I don't think I've ever had to work on a stack that followed the OS model, they've all been heavily skinned. The slight variation in control sizes aren't noticeable and it's painless to go cross platform that way.

One of my current projects does duplicate the Android Material theme, but it's only targeted to small screens and the differences in control sizes aren't apparent.