> On 13 Sep 2018, at 5:08 am, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I've seen the same thing repeatedly. I wasn't able to work around the
> problem. I'd like a way to manually force the debugger to unload itself and
> reload the new script.

I’d really like to get to the bottom of this. FWIW the script that you see in
the debugger actually comes over the socket from the app running on the device.
As a result there’s really only two things I can think can be happening:

- When the deploy library (Test button) installs the app on the device it is
silently failing and then launching the older version. We could rule this out
if those of you that see this regularly had some way to know for sure that the
new build actually made it to the device. Perhaps a different color background
or something?

- The stack that caches object scripts is not being cleaned up properly between
debugging sessions. This would mean that you would see the old script but what
would be executing would be the new script. One way to test this might be to
move a breakpoint statement from one line to another and see what line is
highlighted in the debugger.

Cheers

Monte