This is a problem that I have run into before and have never been able to solve
satisfactorily. I’m using touchStart and touchEnd handlers to detect the
direction and speed of a finger movement and if it is within certain bounds
(large enough x, small enough y, and fast enough) then the user can swipe back
and forwards through a series of cards. Good so far except when the area they
are swiping on also includes a mobile scroller (to scroll a list selection
widget/thingy). In that situation the swiping becomes a bit of a hit and miss
thing – works sometimes but not others. On iOS there are a few scroller
parameters look potentially useful (canCancelTouches, delayTouches, and
lockDirection) but it’s not really clear (to me at least) which of these might
help and if so whether I should be setting them to true or false.

Any ideas?

Terry...