Find/Replace works great. I've done it a few times, so long as the thing you
are finding has a unique name that cannot be a part of any other bit of code,
you should be fine. Backup your stack of course before doing something so
drastic.

A while ago, the LC dev team optimized the search engine so that it is orders
of magnitude faster.

Bob S