Well, I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.1.2) and I get the funny "" as well. Mine have a little mark atop them. Perhaps it is a PC mail handler in between us. No worries. What with Yves testing my French and Klaus calling on Latin (and happily not saying so in Deutsch) this site is fascinatingly diverse as well as informative.

cheers
David