I have a field which has some words linked together. Under certain conditions, I want the mouse click to disregard the link and handle the individual words which make up the link. So I wrote a script to check if the clicked text is a link, change its textstyle to plain, pick up the word at clickLoc, do something with the word, and then make the originally cliked chunk into a link again.

on mouseDown theButton
switch
case theButton is 1
put the textStyle of the selectedChunk into tStyle
put the selectedChunk into tChunk
if tStyle is "link" then
set the textStyle of the selectedChunk to "plain"
click at the clickLoc
put the clickText after fld "Display"
select tChunk
set the textStyle of the selectedChunk to "link"
hide groups
else put the clickText after fld "Display"
break
end switch
end mouseDown

What am I doing wrong? With the above script, I still get the linked words displayed together, not individually, as I would want them.

I'd be most grateful for any help.

Happy holidays to everybody!

Toma

Toma Tasovac