Don't copy and paste it.

When placing groups, you need to refer to them as backgrounds. The distinction is this:

A group is contained in card, a background is contained in a stack. They are the same object, though. So this is fine, and refers to the same object:

group "myGroup" of this card
background "myGroup" of this stack

so you need this:

place background "theOnlyMenu" onto this card