On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 08:58 Australia/Sydney, David Vaughan wrote:

On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 08:33 Australia/Sydney, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm very new to rev. I need to make an application that will divide up folders full of images into separate folders containing no more that 690 MB so they can be burned onto cds. Can rev do this? where should I start? any help will be much appreciated
Jon

Jon

Look up "files" in the Transcript Dictionary and read about the "long" or "detailed" form of it.
snip

Of course if you already have an order in which you want to write the files then skip the sort and the arrays and hold current "source" and "allocated" files lists together with a variable of space remaining and of the current sub-folder name. When you fill a CD (sub-folder) then clear the allocated list, increment the numeric tail of the sub-folder name and keep going. Look up "repeat for each" to run through your source list efficiently. I assume you will want to allocate a few KB to write out your list of allocated images onto the same CD.

cheers
David
regards
David