I'm looking for suggestions on how to accomplish the following.

1. User starts a search of my text-based database (via browser and Rev cgi). 2. My app finds the results (which are a series of line numbers... possibly as many as 1000) 3. I now want to store those results so that when the user brings up a data page resulting from the search, they can go back to the results (presumably to go to another data page from the results) without having to re-do the search or use the back-button on their browser. I know how to store the results within a link (i.e. http:// www.results.com?results=1,2,3..."), and I'm using this in various places already. But this won't work for me in all cases.

I'm guessing one solution might be to issue a temporary id number and connect that to a given users search process. The results could then be stored in a file on the server under this ID, with this page liquidated after some period of time (30 minutes? 60 minutes?). Would this work or is there a better way to handle this.

Thanks.
Richard Miller