If I have a file that has a Japanese name: "音楽ファイル を.mp3" (I wonder if that'll come out ok in everyone's mail!), it seems to be the case that this file effectively does not exist in any useful way for Revolution. It is not listed in 'the files', it's name is omitted from 'the detailed files', it can't be opened, copied or renamed. The finder seems to have no problem with it. Can anyone confirm this so I can abandon my current project before I've torn all of my hair out?

I'm seeing the same. If some Latin text is placed at the front of the filename, that text appears. But not any placed after the Japanese. For example, a file named "verygood音楽ファイル copy.txt" displays (in the files and detailed files) as "verygood".

This was in Rev 2.8.1