Hi Mark,

I put a large image on a card then added some grouped label fields on top. First not any mouseDown will be sent to the group when you don't click on an object in this group: this is normal :-) Second, I noticed that mouseDown is received when clicking on a field but the grab command is not executed :-(
Sounds like a bug to me...

Here is a workaround.
In the script of the image:

on mouseDown
  grab me
end mouseDown

And in the group's script:

local lAllowDrag
---------------------------------
on mouseDown
put the mouseH - the left of img "Artwork" & comma & the mouseV - the top of img "Artwork" into lAllowDrag
end mouseDown
---------------------------------
on mouseMove x,y
  if lAllowDrag is empty then exit mouseMove
set the topleft of img "Artwork" to (x - item 1 of lAllowDrag & comma & y - item 2 of lAllowDrag)
end mouseMove
---------------------------------
on mouseUp
  put empty into lAllowDrag
end mouseUp
on mouseRelease
  mouseUp
end mouseRelease
on mouseEnter
  put empty into lAllowDrag
end mouseEnter

Now you can move the image from anywhere.
Hope this helps.