I had my first Revolution "crash" this weekend. The crash resulted, I believe, in my license key being corrupted, and I think that's probably it. Anyway, the detail below is a little long winded, but insight and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Scenario:
Was using the development environment running an application I'd built. When the application is executing there were 5 stacks open. All were "main" stacks. The primary stack is used to input data which is used to retrieve matching data from one of other open stacks, and then update that stack based on new information that was input.

Each of the stacks may, based on the data it was fed, generate printed output. For all of the stacks but one, when printing a card, the card is always printed into a rect, usually the rect of a hidden field on the first card of the stack. The remaining stack (STACK D, lets say) uses cards which are always half-page in size, and therefore it prints the cards as a "job".

The target printer was an HP 4100 NT. Printing via Appletalk. Primary machine was PowerBook G3 Pizmo running OS 10.2.3. The "Odd Things" happened using Classic Rev 1.1.1 AND Rev 1.1.1 for OS X. Odd Thing #1 happened when running on OS 9.2.2 on a PowerBook G3 Lombard.

After running for several hours (in the Classic environment), Rev hung during a "Print Card" command - actually one that was generated from the keyboard. I waited several minutes to let things clear themselves, and they didn't. I used the force quit function, but then wasn't able to restart revolution at all. That's when I switched to running Rev for OS X. This ran fine for a couple more hours, then the same thing happened, and I couldn't get Rev to run at all.

Restarted the box. No effect. Eventually had to fileshare the stacks to another machine to get up and running. When I got home last night, I downloaded Rev Classic again, and it ran fine. I need my pro license installed to run my app so tried copying my license key over from the old area and restarting Rev. It wouldn't start. So, I simply put the new license key into the old Rev area, and presto, we're running again.

So, the $50 question, is the license key actively used while running in the development environment such that it can be corrupted during a "crash"? If so, does this have any implication on standalone apps?

Just a little spooked.
Thanks.
Ray