Dave,

Some kind of menus allow hierarchicals and some don't. I got tired of working around the stock offerings for serious custom interface work. Pulldown,popup, can do it, option shows the levels all at once and returns different data combobox shows a semi-hierarchial list and also has to be read differently, and cascade is just strange.

The best way to make the actual controls you really need is to make them from scratch -- then they can do anything you want. And it's not as hard as you might think. All a combobox is - is a popupMenu coupled with a field in a group and some logic.

I ran into the same stumbling block a couple of years ago, just before the last Revcon (I miss you guys) and then attended a performance by the amazing Ken Ray, who showed how to 'think out of the box' when it comes to making controls. I wish you could see his demonstration online - he's probably saving it and more for the upcoming conference in Las Vegas. I was quite inspired to come up with my own solution, even before I left the conference that week!

http://houseofcubes.com/rev/multiBOX.png

my only graphics, the button, is just a screenshot of the combobox button and stretched out and a round rectangle and the rest are stock fields, and an invisible button.
there are three of these, side by side, in the application.

 Thanks, Ken, for the inspiration.

Hi,

It is possible to have a Combo Box or (or Popup menu on Mac) with Hierarchical Menu's in it?

If so, how do I dynamically create a Submenu? I have a list of users:
Dave

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o