Many have made suggestions already, but just to throw another on the pile:

If your printing format is just text in a PDF and is similar from one time to the next, it might be fairly straightforward to do this:

1. Create a document that looks the way you want it to. Wherever text needs to be placed, put an identifiable placeholder. Something like thisIsPlaceholderText1 should do.
2. Print the document to PDF. Use whatever tools you like.
3. Open the resulting PDF file and look for the placeholder text you included in the document.
4. Use the PDF file as a template, and when you want to "print to PDF" just replace the placeholder text with the text you want to print.

This is probably impractical for anything more complicated that a standard business letter, but if that's what you want, it's probably possible.

gc