Hiya,

Might be worth a look at SQLite shared cache mode.

Cheers,

Luis.

On 14 Feb 2008, at 11:11, Dave wrote:

Hi,

I thought about using a file, but the problem is that database app has to send progress updates quite often and since it's accessing the disk heavily anyway (building the SQLite database from input files) it would slow the whole process down.

If I use sockets and an addres of 127.0.0.1:6000 could this cause a problem with anti-virus and firewall software?

Thanks a lot

All the Best
Dave