in sqlite ' should be escaped with '' (e.g. ' and ') that's it...
Viktoras

Horst wrote:
Holá Mark,

ik wil u danken.
I know, the easiest way would be to encode the data with base64encode. But
there must also be a way to  save a text f.e. like 1234'5'6öä'ioup"# in a
varchar or text type. With base64encode it will f.e. not be possible to use
the "fulltext" indexing, which I will need. No, there must be another way.
SQL is not that silly and I learned, that RR is a a powerfull tool, if you
(or someone else) knows the "tricks". Once again the question: How to save
any text via RR to a SQL-Table as described before.

best regards

Horst

Mark Schonewille-3 wrote:
Hallo Horst,

You could write a function to escape all special characters, but the easiest and most reliable way is to encode the data with base64encode () before storing it.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter. Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html

Op 17-feb-2008, om 17:09 heeft Horst het volgende geschreven:

Holá Mark,

The main question seems to be: How to "include" a textfile for example:
..
put "1234'5'6öä'ioup"#" into mytext ## I know, this text is senseless, but
never mind, it should be able to be saved
replace quote with "\" & quote in mytext ## and then, how to replave the '
???
put "UPDATE table set textfile = '" & mytext & "'... into sql_messqage
revexecutesql (my_ID), sql_message
put the result ## shows an SQL-Error message and mytext will not be saved
..

best regards and, as usual, a big thank You for answering

Horst