I've taken to doing Tom's suggestion all the time (adding the group name) and it seems to keep things moving along for me.

Mark

On Feb 24, 2008, at 9:34 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

Try adding the grp name when in a group

ON mouseUp
  IF fld "notes_note" is not empty THEN
      answer "Really clear?" with "Cancel" OR "Yes"
      IF it is "Yes" THEN

put empty into fld "notes_note" of grp "theGroupNameGoesHere"

 END IF
END mouseUp

HTHs

Tom McGrath