Sorry I'm late replying - time zone differences can be a real nuisance :-) It looks from later email that you've already figured out these answers - but I'll answer them for the sake of completeness for anyone reading the threads later.

Dave wrote:

The Server can "Accept" connections from a number of Clients, surely if I close the port, then no other clients will be able to connect. Or do you mean I should (on the Server) close the connection that is presented to the "ServerContactedByClient" handler? e.g. the IP/Port?ConnectionID of the Client?

Indeed - in your code you would do something like
  set the itemDel to ":"
if item 1 of theIPAddress is not among the lines of gAllowedClientList then
       close socket theIPAddress
       exit ServerContactedByClient
   end if

Also, I'm curious.This is probably just because you've snipped code to send it here, but just in case it isn't ....

you look at "the result" immediately - what do you expect it to contain at that point ?

I think this was a snipping problem as you say, before I wasn't using a Callback Handler and so I needed to check the result after the command returned. However, do need to check "the result" after the Accept command?:

accept connections on theServerPortNumber with message "ServerContactedByClient"

No, there should be no need to do that. Though if there is a possibility of multiple applications trying to accept on the same port, that may be different.

See later reply to other emails ...
--

Alex Tweedly      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      www.tweedly.net