Paul Foraker wrote:
I'm building a stack that is a data entry app for a daily journal. Once the
day's entries have been posted (emailed to myself), I want to store them in
the stack. I came up with a scheme of prepending "j" to the seconds
representing the day and using that as the name of a custom property. No
problem storing that. When I retrieve it in a script, however, it's always
empty.

on unpackTheData jDate -- in seconds
  put "j" before jDate
  put empty into tJournal
  put the jDate of this stack into tJournal
  -- do "put the" && jDate && "of this stack into" && tJournal -- didn't
work

I think you do need to use the "do" statement to force evaluation. But the tJournal variable should be part of the "do" statement itself; Rev will recognize it correctly as a variable. So, something like this should work:

do "put the" && jDate && "of this stack into tJournal"

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]