On 04/03/08 at 22:22 -0300 Andre Garzia apparently wrote:
Aloha,

I've paid for both parallels and vmware.

parallels was wonderful till version 2, now it's dead slow. VMWare
fusion works wonderfully, even better than parallels ever did. I am
very happy with VMWare, one of my best buys ever!

Andre

I was just comparing Parallels and VMware. They seem to be similar in performance running Windows XP Pro on a brand new iMac, but I read a review in MacTech that Vista is visibly faster under VMware. Mac must have 3, preferably 4, GB RAM to run Vista. Parallels is more integrated with OS X, including lots of visual effects. VMware has a better (subjectively speaking) feel to it. Parallels has more goodies, like a utility to resize Windows disk or specifying the order of devices to boot from, but VMware has somewhat cleaner control of VM, including being able to look at the setting when machine runs. Standard apps run fine on either one. Both have problems when come to playing action games. They do not advertise the true graphics card to Windows, so games that are particular about hardware think they are on el-cheapo machine and refuse to run. A few games that ran, fared a bit better on Parallels. VMware's machine had some problems with text display.

Robert