Björnke von Gierke wrote:
Yes start using "only" starts using the stack, but what makes you think the stack is not in memory while being in use?

If you want to use stacks in cgi's, you need to make sure they all close before the cgi quits.

Anything in use is in memory, but a stack in use that has not been opened is not listed among the openStacks (though of course it is listed among the stacksInUse).

Moreover, just last night I was working on my CGI library and found that it works well when my script uses "start using..." at the top with no explicit "close stack..." or "stop using..." at the end. Running top via telnet suggests that memory is reclaimed, and subsequent calls to the CGI all work.

There are many differences between using the engine as a CGI and as a normal GUI app, but at least in my tests on Linux at Dreamhost with v2.9 it seems that termination does the sort of memory cleanup we'd expect.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal