Richmond,

sorry to be so abrasive, but IMHO none of these titles makes
any sense...
The 1st one has been already discussed. As for the 2nd one,
what exactly is a "functioning Program" ?
    put 1 + 1 into a
is a functionning program, as well as
    echo "hello world";
and both can be built in a large number of languages in less
than a minute...

Furthermore, I don't think this topic has anything to do with
semantics, but rather with the ergonomics of coding...

Therefore, I'd prefer "Learn how to produce a functionning
piece of software that will boost your (or your client's )productivity
and that isn't already available as freeware, shareware or commercial
app in 1 day"...

Or, as suggested in earlier posts, much better :

    "Learn how to code as you think in 1 day"
    "Kill your fear of programming in 1 day"

Best,
JB