this is the web page from which I started looking into MetaCard and finally came to Revolution website a few years ago. One more interesting thing Scot mentioned there is right before the paragraph about the completion of OO features where he wrote about possibility to output java bytecodes:

"A method for outputting Java byte-codes equivalent to MetaCard scripts has been designed, but implementation has been delayed until the serious performance, compatibility, and functionality limitations in Java have been rectified. "

Nice idea :-).

Viktoras

Richard Gaskin wrote:
---
I believe Mark Waddingham has hinted in the past that adding OOP extensions to Rev would be an interesting thing to do. Even going back to when Scott Raney owned the engine, there were some ideas along these lines floating around -- see the bottom of this page:
<http://www.metacard.com/pi5.html>
---