Jim Sims wrote:
Download      http://www.ezpzapps.com/WMV_Test.rev.zip

It is a simple card with one button that opens another card which
has a player and some btns. Select a WMV to play.

Has anyone else tested WMV playback (with or without the test stack
I refer to above)?

I haven't used your test stack, but I have one of my own that I sent to a client and one of his team members as a standalone. It simply sets the dontUseQT to true on startup, then lets the user select and play a WMV as does yours.

All three of us can play WMVs with this stack without issue.

The stack was built with 2.9b6, IIRC, and I haven't had occasion to test since so I can't speak with confidence on GM1.

That said, I don't believe any further changed were made to Windows video support since the version I last used, so I would imagine the behavior has not changed in the final shipping v2.9.

I have found WMV files come in a wide variety of codec formats, so the first thing I would try is to verify that the file plays well in WMP.

If it does, the second thing I would try is to verify that dontUseQT is set to true before the filename of the player is set to the WMV file.

If both of those are in order and it still doesn't play, please let me know and also file a report on it.

TIA -

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation