Will this work?

I'd like to set up a simple web page where I collect a customer's billing information and process it via a Rev cgi script. I already have the cgi side worked out. If I set up an SSL certificate for this web page (and I already have SSL in place on the cgi processing side), am I all set? I guess the part I don't quite understand is, if I put an SSL certificate on the web page, is there anything I need to do on the Rev cgi side when the billing information is received (to convert it or unencrypt it), or does that information come into the cgi script in a form I can readily process?

Thanks.
Richard Miller