Eric Chatonet wrote:

Sounds better to set all this in a dragStart handler:

on dragStart
  set the dragImage to <ID>
  [set the dragImageOffset to <point>]
  set the dragData[<type>] to <data>
end dragStart

In your case: set the dragData["text"] to Transform(the dragData["text"]) -- specific function

That didn't work either until I remembered to set the allowableDragActions. Then it worked.

Peter, try that. I was getting bizarre results too until I remembered to set that property in a dragStart handler. It's a new keyword as of 2.9.

One thing I noticed. If I set the allowableDragActions to "move,copy" (the example in the docs) or "copy,move" it will only move text, even if the target field sets the dragaction to "copy".

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]