Hi Mark,

No, this problem has not been fixed on Mac OS X.

This is no reason the give up on a project. You could use AppleScript on Mac OS X and shortFilePath() on Windows. Replacing so many routines with AppleScript is no fun, but it is possible. On Windows, it is just a sight inconvenience.

Has this bug been reported? Which number does it have?

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz