Bill,

The Osborne Effect!   Yes, that was it!

I am happy to hear that many new customers are flowing into Revolution. As others have said, your success means my beloved programming tool will continue to flourish, so I absolutely wish you great success!

You are right about making business decisions. I do not know about the Osborne Effect regarding their decision making, but I have friends who have the Midas Touch, no matter what they do, it prospers. They always seem to know what decisions to make. Not many people possess this ability. I've seen a lot of businesses start up and fail. Even the best idea in the world will fail if you don't make the right decisions.

And the best software in the world won't sell unless you market the dickens out of it :-) It sounds like Revolution has revved up the marketing with this Mirye collaberation. May it bring great prosperity!

Shari

It's called the "Osborne Effect." And like every legend out there it has a
kernel of truth but is largely exaggerated. A string of poor decisions, and
not merely the pre-announce of a computer model, led to Osborne's demise.
Pre-announcements have been used to powerful strategic advantage by other
companies many times.

In this case, the promise of 2.75 (later renamed to 2.9) did not have any
discernable negative impact on sales, since we acquired more new customers
over the period than at any time in the company's history. We have also been
able to expand the number of developers working on the software.

Might have something to do with the way we did it.

- Bill

--
  Humorous sports t-shirts
  http://www.villagetshirts.com