On 16/4/08 14:30, David Bovill wrote:
What is the smallest PC that anyone has managed to get a Revolution
application running on - any operating system? Is there a hand held?
Something without a built in screen? The Eee PC is one of the smallest I can
find so far and certainly cheap - and the only one I know of that people
have actually got Rev running on? I guess none of the Windows Mobile
operating systems are an option?

We've installed a Rev-built app on a bunch of very small custom built units that were running Windows Embedded, on a fanless VIA Mini-ITX motherboard <http://www.viatech.com/>, with a 256MB solid-state disk. (These were installed in vehicles, so it was important to have no moving parts and low power requirements.) Had no problems except that we had to fiddle with the OS image a few times before we got the combination of components we needed.

We also evaluated Puppy Linux on the same hardware (we ended up with 75 units, so the potential saving on Windows Embedded licenses was considerable); it all worked fine except that we needed better multimedia support than Rev made available on Linux at that time. With 2.9 I suspect we could have gone that route.

- Ben