On 1 May 2008, at 14:39, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Congratulations on the placement, Ian.

Don't worry about the registrations. There's always a lag time between download and registration, and with new products this is a little longer than for those with a public track record.

There's time lag, and there's one purchase in the first week of an app being available... :-(
But I know I need more patience when it comes to this part.

So just be patient, and enjoy knowing you got featured ad space at a major site for zero cost. :)

I strongly recommend that *everyone* with a publicly-available Mac app submit it to https://adcweb.apple.com/downloads/ if you haven't already done so. I was just hoping it would be listed - having it as the featured app was cream on top.

It's been interesting keeping an eye on the referral statistics - in less than a day, links from the Apple site have already overtaken nearly a month of exposure on MacUpdate (two betas and the final 1.0 release), and is catching up fast with VersionTracker.

Stats question - how many of you keep track of referrals and downloads via other sites? Next time I'll make sure to have multiple copies of the download so that I can keep track of how many downloads came from which site.

</random rambling>

Ian