On 19 May 2008, at 13:23, Malte Brill wrote:

Hey Colin,

> Well, I got to 2nd best score for the last 20 days during my trial
> play time, but sadly I can't buy it, as I've had bad spam experiences
> from using PayPal, and so won't use them anymore.

Actually this is a very interesting topic. Is there any Web payment method you would trust? The reason why we use PAYPAl is that it was pretty easy to integrate with our Key generator. Also PAYPAL does charge the lowest fees for a transaction which helps us keeping the price down.

This is of interest to me as well, as I use PayPal as the main payment method, for pretty much the same reasons as Malte.

As a relatively heavy Paypal user myself, I get roughly 20x more eBay phishing emails than I do PayPal, which makes for maybe one every two months for PayPal.

It's also worth pointing out (as I do on my payments pages) that you do NOT need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal - just a credit card.

What does everyone else use? Kagi, eSellerate, Share-it?

Ian

P.S. Just this morning I got "Sadly, with the conversion rate, your cool program costs $75! I hope that the $ bounces back. Perhaps offer a US discount?" in the inbox. Insert the rolleyes emoticon of your choice here...