On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

Hi gang,

I'm messing around with the compress() function.
My goal is to compress an .app package then upload it to an ftp server. Right now the below code works on small files but seems to choke on a 300mb file.

I have a few questions:
1. in order to compress a MacOSX 'package',do I have to devise a 'walker' to identify and compress each file separately inside? yikes.

We just ran into this same problem, and here's how we solved it:

Compress the app and upload to your server

Have Rev download the zipped app as you would any file

then:

    set the defaultFolder to whereYouWantYourApp
    put "unzip" && yourZippedAppPathAndFile into tCmd
    get shell(tCmd)

This works great on OS X, have not tested elsewhere.

NOTE: Because compressing with the OS X function puts some weird stuff in the archive as well as your app, it's best to unzip to a temp folder, then move your app where you want it.