How are you determining whether the exported image has an alpha channel?

On Jun 9, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

Hi Trevor,

On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Klaus Major wrote:
Sorry, was a bit too fast!
Just had a look in Photoshop at the resulting files and both do have an alpha channel. Maybe you could export the snapshot to a variable as JPEG first and then to fiel as PNG?
I need to export to PNG as I need a lossless image. I just tried exporting to paint as a variable and assigning the variable to the text property of an image but the image displayed nothing. I then exporting to paint as a file and assigned the file to the filename property of the image and the image data displayed properly. Alas, exporting the image as PNG to a file resulted in an image with an alpha channel.

Maybe you were right and all exports to PNG format DO have an alpha channel, be it necessary or not.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

Best