Has anyone seen this type of thing before"

I have a group (a field, a couple of buttons), and I have a handler ("updateBundles") in it's script that retrieves a list of files from somewhere else, filters the list, and does some other stuff to the filtered result, and puts it into the message box. When I issue the command from the message box, ie. send "updateBundles" to grp "images.grp", the list is retrieved and immediately displayed without any filtering. If I issue the command (simply "updateBundles") from a button in the group, or send "updateBundles" to grp "images.grp" in the script of any button, all goes as planned.

How weird is that?

Best,

Mark