Hi Bradley, hi Terry,

Bradley Borch heeft op zaterdag, 8 feb 2003 om 05:25 het volgende geschreven:

Flash is capable of sending messages to other programs using two commands:
getURL and FScommand. I've gotten both of these to work within JavaScript and
Director using Lingo. Any idea how to send commands from Flash to Rev?
You can run RR on a server as CGI engine and let Flash send its commands to that CGI script.

I'm afraid tighter integration between Flash and RunRev is just as impossible as a relationship between miscdas and Judy Perry :-)
ROFL :-D

There is a possibility to communicate from Flash to MC.

Via QuickTime and using another tool, some QuickTime
authoring tool like LiveSTage Pro...

There you can add a command to a QT/Flash-object that
will send a string "qtdebugstring" that can be trapped in MC.

A script like this in the player-object:

on qtdebugstr thestring
  switch thestring
    case "aaa"
       your_handler_here  ## define these handlers somewhere
     break
end qtdebugstr

Works fine, but needs another tool.

I am not sure if this feature is available in Flash itself.

Terry
Hope this helps a bit.

Regards

Klaus Major