On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:00 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

 I have a plugin stack that logs the selectedField and
focusedObject which makes it very easy to determine if this is the
problem you are experiencing. Email me off-list if you would like to
investigate further.

This would be very useful for me too, as I am always trying to puzzle out where the focus has ended up, re trapping commandkey combinations. This always seems to be a major issue in my stacks, which are typically heavy on text processing and have multiple fields and buttons, as well as processes that move between substacks. I can't tell you how much time I've spent tracking down why a commandkey message hasn't gotten handled.

Peter M. Brigham